Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Remembering WWII

As part of our New Orleans farewell tour, Brendan and I headed to the D-Day museum downtown today. It was a delightful day! 


We talked a lot about the roles our families played in the war - we both have a grandfather who is a veteran. While our family members seem so close to us, stories of the war seem so far away that it is hard to believe they could have been involved. 


One of the best gifts I ever received was one that I requested from my grandmother - a printed story of her youth that I'd never been privy to. It was such a different world, but so many of her values are still important today. Love the people who surround you. Treat your friends with care and respect. Prioritize. Sacrifice. And back to the first.... love. Always love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment