#1: Oh... I just don't know how.
It's time to call bullshit on myself right there. I have a subscription to Runner's World, Cassie gets Self, and there are innumberable resources online. If I'm uneducated, it's my fault.
#2: Unless I'm consistent, it won't make a difference anyway.
Well... duh. Get consistent.
#3: I don't have time.
A quick look at my Netflix account would throw that one right out the window.
So, this morning I went to the gym and gave it a modest start. I need a plan... I can't remember who said it, but someone wise once used the words "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."
Changes I can make right away:
1. Bring a notebook/journal to the gym so I can record what I'm doing and make sure this is variety.
It may seem annoying at first, but that's kind of how I felt about tracking food when I started Weight Watchers. That worked, so maybe this will, too.
Changes that will require more effort:
Plan workouts ahead of time so that I'm working major muscle groups each week and have a goal in mind.
Since my WW weeks go from Thursday - Wednesday, I guess I'll make my workout weeks go that way as well.
Here goes nothing!
(Anddd... today was 15 min elliptical, 35 min walk on treadmill, 2 sets of 12 bicep curls, shoulder presses, the unnamed weight thing where you drop it behind your head and work your triceps, and 25 crunches).
No comments:
Post a Comment