Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 21: Not finding the right word

So here I am, end of April, and the future looms ever closer. Sometime over the course of the last week, it has really hit me that I am nearing the end of my four years in Louisiana. I feel like I've been trying to appreciate every part of every day (and every meal...) because my days here are numbered. It's bittersweet, because I'm truly trying to enjoy every conversation and moment, but I also know that this soon will be a part of my history and not my present. I'm trying to stay conscious about how great I have it right now: a beautiful city, a terrific roommate, and getting to go to work with my wonderful fiance every day.

Change is stressful for me. New city, new job, planning a wedding... I am trying to take the change bit by bit, but it's a lot! Since this is supposed to be about my reading and working out, here is the tie-in: Steve Jobs went through a lot of change in his professional life. Apple, NeXT, Apple again... all the while working with different people on different ventures. I'm having a tough time getting motivated to finish the book. I'm hovering somewhere around page 330, with really no end in sight.

I'm hoping that it becomes more entertaining now that I have memories of the products they are talking about. They just introduced the iMac, which I remember so vividly in Fitzy's family room. I was so jealous because I thought the computer looked so cool. Now that I'm reading this biography, I realize that was the point. I just finished going for a walk around the block listening to my iPhone and I'm typing this post on a MacBook, so I guess I should finish and see what this guy has in store...

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment