When I last left off, I was on school break. I naively thought that perhaps I really would be able to blog all the time. Instead, I went back to school, and my free time to read (and then write about it) has decreased greatly.
Saturday, I headed to the library to take advantage of their partnership with Second Harvest Food Bank to reduce library fees. For every canned good you donated, you received a one dollar reduction on your fine. One time last year, I found a book under my bed that I swore I had returned, so I was sitting on a pretty hefty bill. Okay... $9. But it takes a long time for that to accrue on $0.05 per day.
While I was there, I returned A Streetcar Named Desire (which I didn't read, but thought I might in my kick to experience all things New Orleans between now and June 9th) and picked up I married you for happiness by Lily Tucker. It's the story of of two people who met in France (love it), like math (love it) and get married (love it). Sooo... I put down Steve Jobs for a bit and started reading the story of Nina and Philip.
Steve Jobs is chugging along. He's now been ousted from Apple and is working on NeXT. I had never heard of it before I picked up the book, so I'm anticipating a major collapse of the company sometime in the next twenty pages or so.
On the life front: working out. I haven't been hitting the weights, but I've been running. Brendan and I have been more consistent in going out for runs together, which has been nice. I don't like to let him beat me, so it makes me run harder. We don't really race... but I'm trying to get fast enough where I feel like I'd have a chance to win if we DID ever want to race each other.
We tossed around the idea of the Falmouth Road Race over the weekend. Registration for the lottery is next month. We'll probably both put our names in and hope we're chosen!
Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment