Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 1.

The biggest bummer about this experiment is how cliche it is. Here are my goals in starting this blog:

1. Serve as a way to remember books and articles that I read many years down the road.
2. Remember how awesome life was during my engagement.
3. Hold myself accountable for working out and eating right.
4. Become more technologically savvy.

The real inspiration behind this is Mr. James Hix Miller. He remembers everything. I was just finishing "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand, a book he read last year. He was able to bring up finer points of the book, including the name of the preacher who makes such a difference in Louis Zamperini's life. I always seem to forget everything about books. If I can look up on my own blog what I've read and how I felt about it, I'll be good to go.

Since Jimmy and I had that conversation, I read a book called "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother" by Amy Chua. Here's how I felt about the book:

1. My mom made my life pretty easy.
2. I don't know that I would've survived within a Chinese parenting style.
3. Maybe if I had Chinese parents, I would have achieved more than I have thus far.
4. It made me worry about how complacent I am right now... and made me realize I need to set some more long-term goals.

That's it on books for now. I picked up the Steve Jobs biography at the library yesterday, but haven't started it yet. Hopefully I'll make a dent this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment