The most recent portion of Steve Jobs that I've been reading coincided with Easter in a strange way. Jobs was passionate but difficult to work with. I think that even though he wanted to see good things happen, he caused some hurt along the way.
It has been awhile since I've really considered God in my everyday life. Today, as I was considering the actions Jesus is said to have taken during the course of his life, I realized that it is not the absence of causing hurt, but the proactive measure of extending friendship and empathy to others that made him such an important figure.
We had a bunch of people over for dinner tonight, and each time a group gets together I'm called to examine the relationships that I've built here in New Orleans. Over the course of the past year, I've been "not doing harm" as opposed to "actively seeking good". That should probably change. Now.
This really has nothing to do with Steve Jobs, except for.... Mac (1980, where I a in the book now) = new beginning = Easter = pondering Jesus' = evaluating my relationships. Certainly a roundabout train of thought, but welcome to the world I live in....
Buona sera.
No comments:
Post a Comment